Philippe Bianchi seeks better HANS than HALO…
“I think it is [HALO] a step forward in terms of safety. It is obvious that the system is effective probably in an impacting tire.
In cases of small debris like Felipe Massa (2009 in Hungary) or Justin Wilson (IndyCar driver), it would, however, nothing changed. It is a step forward, but it does not solve all problems….
For Jules nothing had changed, because it was a violent deceleration that has caused his injuries at brain. I think further development of the HANS system (Head and Neck Support) to absorb such braking delays, could in such cases to help. ”
In other F1 news
Hamilton bemoans F1 future direction
Lewis Hamilton feels F1 is still heading in the wrong direction and has expressed his frustration at the latest qualifying format adjustments for the 2016 season.
The Mercedes driver has apologised for reserving his full opinion on the latest changes which have been discussed by F1 rule makers but did show his clear frustration and the ongoing events.
Yesterday Bernie Ecclestone announced F1 is likely to use a hybrid qualifying format which implements the new elimination-style for Q1 and Q2 before reverting to the previous model for Q3 to decide the front four rows because the software technology will not be ready in time for Melbourne.
Hamilton says he isn’t a fan of the current direction of the sport and agreed with the question that it is effecting the health of F1 and its popularity.
“I don’t really want to say too much about it but I do agree with those first two things ,” Hamilton said. “I do have desire, I’m dying to be able to drive one of those older cars. Maybe I’ll do some historic racing at some point.”
The qualifying format for the F1 2016 season opener is yet to be finalised with the Australian Grand Prix now just two weeks away, while decisions on the 2017 technical regulations have also been delayed. It has piled pressure on to the F1 Comission and Strategy Group to finalise regulations to give manufacturers and Pirelli enough time to prepare for next year.
Indian bank applies for Mallaya’s arrest
Mallya on Thursday rejected calls for his arrest. Amid the ongoing fallout from the collapse of his airline Kingfisher, the State Bank of India on Wednesday had also asked an Indian court for the seizure of the Force India chief’s passport over unpaid loans.
Local reports also said the court was asked to seize Mallya’s assets including his new $75 million severance payout by the liquor giant Diageo. Confirming the applications had been made, a lawyer for Mallya told the IANS news agency: “We are filing our objections today on the merit that the tribunal was not the right forum to seek a defaulter’s arrest or impound his passport.”
Mallya reportedly owes the bank more than $200 million. (GMM)
Vijay Mallya to contest SBI’s plea
Former United Breweries chairman Vijay Mallya will file his objections on Friday at the Debts Recovery Tribunal (DRT) here following State Bank of India’s (SBI) plea seeking his arrest in the multi-crore loan default case.
“We will be filing our objections against the interlocutory application (IA) filed by SBI. The DRT is not the right platform to seek arrest of a defaulter or impound his passport,” a senior lawyer told FE on condition of anonymity. The DRT has posted the case for further hearing on Friday. Mallya is currently in Delhi to attend Parliament as a Rajya Sabha MP.
A consortium of lenders led by SBI on Wednesday filed an interlocutory application in the DRT seeking his arrest, impounding his passport, seizing his assets and claiming the $75 million severance package he signed with British liquor giant Diageo last week. Hearing SBI’s plea on Wednesday, the presiding officer of DRT had posted the IA for next hearing on Friday and gave notice to Mallya for filing objection, if any.
“The DRT is meant only to facilitate banks and financial institutions recover outstanding loans speedily and has no powers to order his arrest or impound passport,” a lawyer close to the development told FE.
Williams thinks it can depose Ferrari
Williams believes it can be get ahead of Ferrari and be second to pacesetter Mercedes based on its form in pre-season Formula 1 testing.
The Grove-based outfit focused on reliability during the first week of testing and has shifted emphasis to performance during the last few days without going for headline times. When asked for his read on where Williams stands in the pecking order, chief test engineer Rod Nelson said: “It’s very close and every day’s a little different.
“There’s no doubt that Mercedes are extremely strong. Ferrari less so. “We’d like to think we’re slugging it out with Ferrari. “We’ve got some more bits to bring to the car and I’m sure they have as well. “Operationally we have to be as efficient as we can be. “We’ll do the best job we can. Merc’s gone but we’d like to be second.”
Lewis hates HALO
And now a nice TJ13 antidote to HALO
On Google+ Follow TJ13
There’s a fantastic insightful F1 community on Google plus, join us and be part of the coming F1 season.