Former Formula One world champion Nico Rosberg cannot perform his role as a television pundit from the race paddock because he is not vaccinated against the coronavirus. Therefore, F1 has banned the German ex driver turned TV pundit from entering the paddock to do his job.
Meanwhile, Rosberg has denied reports that he wasn’t turned away from the Monaco GP paddock, telling PlanetF1.com that it “not true” as he “didn’t try” gain access.
Further, the German told Sport1 on Thursday evening. “I have recovered well from a coronavirus infection so I have strong antibodies,”
Rosberg explained. “I also have my antibodies tested regularly.” Rosberg explained that from then on his doctor told him that vaccination made “absolutely no sense.”
F1 has tightened up coronavirus rules for this season after last year allowing access to unvaccinated people on presentation of a negative PCR test. Now full vaccination is required unless there is a medical exemption, which Rosberg cannot prove.
Sport1 revealed that Rosberg was denied access to the paddock at the recent Monaco Grand Prix and instead chose to report for British broadcaster Sky Sports from his flat next to the circuit.
It appears that Rosberg’s management is keen to deny this report, telling planetf1.com that: “Nico Rosberg recovered from a coronavirus infection and currently holds a recovery certificate,” Lena Siep told PlanetF1.
“He has his antibody levels tested regularly and, on the recommendation of his doctor, does not currently require any vaccinations.
“In addition, he continues to comply with all necessary hygiene and precautionary measures.”
Asked about the Monaco paddock rumours, she said: “This is not true. He didn’t try to get into the F1 paddock.”
Hoo fucking ray, we don’t need this walking Mercedes advert in the paddock