Below are 3 polls for the driver of 2012 for each of the top, middle and bottom 4 teams. I suppose the point of doing something like this is to find out what people think about how various drivers have faced the varying challenges they’ve faced this year.
To that end, you can’t compare experienced drivers like Mark Webber and Pedro de la Rosa, or Romain Grosjean with Charles Pic.
Any way if you wish to vote, you can vote once in each section.
Here’s a few team mate stats to help you evaluate your gut reactions. Finished ahead only includes races where both cars finished and yes I know all stats can be made to represent something – but I didn’t want to fill the page with incomprehensible tables of numbers. Feel free to comment with your own stats and opinions in the comments section below.
- PdR has outqualified NK 17/2
- PdR has finished ahead of NK 8/0
- PdR ave qualification time is 0.68s better than NK
- TG has outqualified CP 12/6
- TG has finished ahead of CP 8/4
- TG ave qualification time is 0.39s better than CP
- HK has outqualified VP 13/6
- VP has finished ahead of HK 9/7
- HK ave qualification time is 0.224s better than VP
Torro Rosso Drivers
- DR has outqualified JEV 15/4
- DR has finished ahead of JEV 8/6
- DR ave qualification time is 0.337s better than JEV
- PM has outqualified BS 17/2
- Each driver has finished ahead of the other 7 times
- PM ave qualification time is 0.561s better than BS
Force India Drivers
- NH has outqualified PdR 11/8
- NH has finished ahead of PdR 9/7
- NH ave qualification time is 0.266s better than PdR
- SP has outqualified KK 10/9
- SP has finished ahead of KK 6/4
- SP ave qualification time is 0.013s better then KK
- MS has outqualified NR 10/9
- MS has finished ahead of NR 6/3
- MS ave qualification time is 0.227s better than NR
- RG has outqualified KR 10/8
- KR has finished ahead of RG 10/2
- RG ave qualification time is 0.067s better than KR
- FA has outqualified FM 17/2
- FA has finished ahead of FM 16/0
- FA ave qualification time is 0.360s better than FM
- LH has outqualified JB 16/3
- LH has finished ahead of JB 9/4
- LH ave qualification time is 0.286 better than JB
Red Bull Drivers
- SV has outqualified MW 11/8
- SV has finished ahead of MW 11/5
- SV ave qualification time is 0.125s better than MW
Polls will be open for 1 weeks and then automatically close.
I’m torn between Alonso and Kimi in the top group. To return to F1 after 2 years away is not easy and Kimi is the only driver to complete every racing lap this year. Alonso of course has driven a ‘truck’ and is still in with a shout of the title.
In the mid-field I’m stuck between Hulkenberg and Schumacher. I feel Schumacher has acquitted himself very well against Rosberg all things considered, and I am with the 84% of thejudge13 readers who thinks he should not retire. Hulkenberg has again been out for a year and joined a team with a resident driver and just about beaten him on all levels.
Riccardio gets it for me in the bottom 4. He has comprehensively beaten JEV hands up in a car that has been pants.
Tell me what you think…