Race weekend and its time for quick news and links. In depth articles back next week.
- Since signing for Mercedes, Lewis has reportedly been asking quite a lot of technical questions of team garage members about important aspects of the McLaren design of the car he drives…… 4 Wheels – check, steering wheel – check, pedals 2 – check.. (Independent)
- In just over 3 weeks, thejudge13 project has just hit 10,000 reads – thank you all.
- Jenson reportedly said to one of his garage mechanics at McLaren when asked what he thought about Sergio Perez joining the team, “I love Sombreros, and for me that’s the key”.
- Our poll, “Should Schumacher retire?” shows so far – 80.3% NO – 19.7% YES.
- Michael is poacher turned gamekeeper for 2013 – see his new car pic.twitter.com/UcflBKAT
- Couple of Kimi’isms…when asked about how his thoughts on Japanese sushi……[KR] Not sure, it tastes a bit like like raw fish”
- Reporter enquiring about the spin in Q3: “Kimi, what happened?………[KR] I spun……..[R} Do you realise the yellow flags then caused big problems for others?……..[KR} I don’t care about the others”
- Sanguine as ever, Lewis tweets after only qualifying 9th, “The love from those of you who are genuine, God Bless you. To the others, I hope you find happiness & peace” (twiiter). Guru Singh has one for Lewis, “Focus on your proposition NOT your opposition”.
- Fantastic qualifying from the 2 Sauber drivers. Anyone remember what happened last time the started in the top 5? And Oh!.., look who starts in between them?
- Aha – we called it yesterday with John Booth protesting too much about how well Pic had done this year. Ted Kravitz suggets Pic on his way out of the team next year (As does Martin Brundle and Anthony Davidson). Alonso claims he was blocked by Vettel, Vettel found guilty of blocking – just a reprimand (Sky TV Video – Uk only).
- Lewis learning his lessons well. Admits they went the wring way on setup today for qualifying and Jenson’s route was better. No telemetary tweets – check out yesterdays News and picwhich explains why. (McLaren)
- Stewards need to sort themselves out. Another long delay in determining potential penalties. Over 3 hours after qualifying – most of the fans have left.
- Vettel now 3rd in the all time list of pole sitters.
Please comment and enter the debate – whether you agree or not.
Follow me on twitter (box to click in right hand column) if you are part of the twittersphere and retweet our tweets that show a new article has been written, it helps spread the word – if you are not twittered up you can click on the button at the top right of the page to receive an email when (and only when) a new article hits the net.