Ferrari’s Kimi Raikkonen topped day 2 of the in-season test at Silverstone, even beating his own qualifying time in the process. The Ferrari driver was one of 7 drivers to hit three figures in laps completed as he went two tenths quicker than his Q3 time from Saturday qualyfying (1:30.665).
“We’re doing normal testing work, all kind of different things to try and find good things,” said the Iceman.
“It’s not just specifically we had some aero problem here, we’re lacking overall, and this circuit needs a lot of aero, so normal testing.”
Esteban Ocon continued to impress in the silver arrows as he followed Kimi home in second place on the lap chart. Esteban managed to complete a gruelling 139 laps, the most of any driver.
Star for the 2 day test must go to Force India’s Nikita Mazepin who ended up fourth fastest with a time just under a second off the first placed Ferrari. The teams will no doubt study the data and look for improvements in performance for when the f1 circus rolls around to Budapest. I can’t wait!
1. Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari 1:30.665
2. Esteban Ocon Mercedes 1:31.212
3. Pierre Gasly Red Bull 1:31.429
4 Nikita Mazepin Force India 1:31.561
5. Stoffel Vandoorne McLaren 1:31.764
6. Valtteri Bottas Williams 1:32.423
7. Santiano Ferrucci Haas 1:33.141
8. Jolyon Palmer Renault 1:33.308
9. Sergio Camara Toro Rosso 1:34.040
10. Jordan King Manor 1:35.060
11. Pascal Wehrlein Pirelli 1:36.182